Mountain Lake Public Schools!
Mountain Lake Public School's
last student day will be
Friday, May 22, 2020.
School Calendar Information
We’re considering making adjustments to this year’s school calendar and next year's 2020-21 calendar. We’d like to inform you of our thinking about this.
First, when will THIS YEAR end (2019-2020)?
- In order to lengthen the summer construction schedule, we’re considering ending the school year for students and staff on Friday, May 22 (the same day as senior graduation). We did something like this last year (2018-19), before a record setting winter arrived.
- For students, this year is scheduled to end on Thursday, May 28.
- We plan to make the decision on when to end the 2019-20 school year at the April 20 School Board meeting, after the winter season is nearly finished.
Second, when will NEXT YEAR start (2020-2021)?
- Right now, we are scheduled to start the 2020-21 school year on Tuesday,September 8 (the day after the Labor Day holiday). We’d like to keep it that way.
- If the construction schedule is delayed, we’ll start the 2020-21 school year later than originally planned. The question is: Should we adjust the calendar now? Or, wait until the summer projects are in full swing before deciding whether to delay the 2020-21 start date?
- Rather than make the decision now, we’ve decided to wait until July 20 School Board meeting before changing the start date.
We’ve sought feedback from the several groups (custodial, office staff, kitchen, daycare, transportation, athletic, principals, etc.) and this seems to be a sensible approach.
Congratulations to our Wolverine Football Team.
State 9-Man Football Champs!
Mountain Lake Public School
450 12th St., PO Box 400
Mountain Lake, MN 56159
High School: (507) 427-2325 Elementary School: (507) 427-3151
"In accordance with federal law and U. S. Department of Education policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint, write U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago IL 60661. Tel 312.730.1560. Fax. 312.730.1576. TDD 312.730.1609. USDE and ISD #173 is an equal opportunity provider and employer."